LOOK HERE!

After you're done reading, you could scroll down below and do my poll (and rate my blog)...Just saying. :)

Monday, August 6, 2012

Bananas! How punny...


My blog is called "The World of Bananas," but I don't talk about bananas. So I must be bananas!

*crickets*

If you haven't guessed what this post is about...

It's about puns! Specifically, bad puns.

I think everyone has encountered a situation in which bad puns just seem utterly hilarious. I make it my goal to make those situations. The art of the pun is, that because it is so terrible, it is irrevocable funny. That's what makes  pun funny. Oftentimes, reactions to puns make them more funny than they actually are.

I've had my fair share of encounters with puns. I remember the days in which my friends and I were extremely cheesy, and spouting the worst puns known to man.

"I had a math teacher who liked to sunbathe. He often got distracted and veered off topic. He was a tan gent."
Or,
"Why do people become bakers? They kneed the dough!"
I don't know what it is about a pun that can make a person want to throw up, or roll over laughing. I usually find amusement in the most rudimentary of things. So I choose option B (rolling over laughing).

Usually, I don't like it when I come across someone who gives what I call "The Snooty Look." What does this look mean?

Definition of The Snooty Look: the look a person gives you, signifying that you are either way below their level of intelligence, or just dirt under their shoes.

I don't think anyone really needs to be given that look, but oftentimes, it is given anyway. If I say a pun, and someone gives me The Snooty Look, I can immediately be warned that: this is a person who does not take kindly to jokes.

Well I don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly to jokes! Phew, that was a mouthful. I honestly think that people do need some sort of sense of humor. I don't think I would be able to go through a day without laughing, and there have been days when things have been pretty downhill.

Yes, puns are the crudest and probably worst of all jokes, but I think that's what gives it the edge of humor. It's already blacklisted. What worse can happen?

You know that overused (understatement) phrase: YOLO. You only live once. Why don't you spend fifty percent of your time laughing? Have some fun? Tell terrible jokes about horses and bars, when you know that horses can't even fit into a bar.

Remember, laughing can't kill you. Okay, maybe it can. If you have heart issues. You know what, I'll talk about that later. *cough*

But remember, puns aren't as bad as society says. (That's a lie.)

But they're still amusing!

So I think that's where I'll end it. Don't be afraid to laugh at puns, YOLO, never give The Snooty Look, and always have a sense of humor. Oh, and don't tell jokes about horses.

~Banana Win


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hate it? Love it? Tell me! :D