LOOK HERE!

After you're done reading, you could scroll down below and do my poll (and rate my blog)...Just saying. :)

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Case of Overplayed Songs

[A Short Rant]

If you haven't heard of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe," you are probably a bit too antisocial. Or maybe you're just an old lady with a million cats living in a spooky house, getting your groceries delivered to you, that surfs the internet.

But what do I know?

Anyway, it's not like I have anything against the song. Definitely not my favorite, but I'm not going to mean for the heck of it and pound on the lyrics or the tune. It's just a song. Albeit, a very teen-girl focused song.

The only reason I'm posting about it, is because I'm sick of it. Remember that one song that was played on every radio station, and played five (million) times in a week. No? Well, this song is probably the number one most overplayed song. It's ridiculous.

Example:

Me in the car going to Wal-Mart: *turns the radio on*

"Hey I just met you...and this is crazy!...But here's my number! So call me maybe!"
*reaches Wal-Mart*

Five minutes (and a bag of assorted items) later...

*turns the radio on*

"Hey I just met you...and this is crazy!...But here's my number--"
Me: ARGH!

*changes radio station*

"It's hard to look right...at you baby! But here's my number...So call me--"
Me: *mutters under breath*

*turns radio off*

I then proceed to go home in silence.

See? Isn't this just annoying? I just want to listen to the radio in peace.

And if it's not Carly Rae begging us to call her, then it's Maroon 5 cursing about love--no matter how much I like that song, I don't want to hear it every time I get in the car. Or then again, it could be One Direction calling girls insecure--and out comes the feminist side... Or maybe it'll be Gotye crooning about some person in his past.

But come on, really? Really? Variety is not a crime!

It just seems that whenever a catchy tune is discovered...it will be played...over...and over...and over.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one suffering from a case of overplayed songs... Looks like I'll just have to resort to Pandora. Unless they too have succumbed to this incurable disease.

#rantover

~Banana Win

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hate it? Love it? Tell me! :D